Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Word of the Year 2010

I decided to do A Word a Year for 2010. It took me a while to come up with my word. I think this year will be all about using what we have. Giving new life to old things and making the most of what we have. I am bad about impulse buying and so is my hubby!! But not this year!! We are going to find new homes for many items in our home and figure out better ways of using many of the things we have. So my word this year is:

re⋅ju⋅ve⋅nate

–verb (used with object)

1. to make young again; restore to youthful vigor, appearance, etc.: That vacation has certainly rejuvenated him.
2. to restore to a former state; make fresh or new again: to rejuvenate an old sofa.
3. Physical Geography.
a. to renew the activity, erosive power, etc., of (a stream) by uplift or by removal of a barrier in the stream bed.
b. to impress again the characters of youthful topography on (a region) by the action of rejuvenated streams.
–verb (used without object)
4.
to undergo rejuvenation; revive.



From Dictionary.com

So what is your word of the year? Share a link to your post in the comments or just tell me your word!! I love to hear what everyone is going to focus on this year!!

1 comment:

  1. thats a great word! I still haven't picked my word yet!

    ReplyDelete